Mommy I want you

Last year, the fact that my mom collected Connor was school was fine with him.  I don’t think he noticed who was collecting his friends.

This year it’s a different story, and it’s really pulling at my heartstrings.

My mom told me last week, that the one afternoon he watched his friend being collected by his mother, and he told my mom that he didn’t want her to fetch him… he wanted his mommy to come, like his friend’s mommy does.

My parents have gone away for a few days, so I went to pick them up this afternoon.  As soon as I got there, he literally climbed up me… and I mean literally… like a monkey.  He clung to me and buried his face in my neck and kissed me.

He then told me, repeatedly throughout the afternoon and evening, that he wants me to fetch him every day.

I must tell Granny that she mustn’t fetch him.

I can’t get him to understand that I need to work.

Subscribe to my blog or connect to me...

, , , ,

13 Responses to Mommy I want you

1. Gina February 7, 2011 at 9:53 pm #

Poor darling. Its tough trying to make them understand.
    Aaron gets very upset when one or other of us cant fetch him/take him to school and thats the one he wants.
    Heartbreaking.
    ((hugs))

2. Laura Allmayer February 8, 2011 at 6:11 am #

I totally relate to this!!!!

Mine are ok with being fetched by Kim from aftercare but its the sport that Cameron isn’t getting :(

I couldn’t make his gala on Friday and even though my parents were there I could see he was deeply disappointed :(

3. cat@juggling act February 8, 2011 at 9:06 am #

Oh I get it. The Princess gets so upset when I can not come to her ballet every week. Often she begs me to fetch her earlier from school and not to go to aftercare. But alas, such is life…

4. Ness at Drovers Run February 8, 2011 at 11:18 am #

He’s old enough to begin to understand where money comes from. Maybe a little chat about how all your hard work brings in the money, which pays for food and cars, toys and fun things would help. It won’t make him stop wishing, but he’ll get it.

5. fionads February 8, 2011 at 12:31 pm #

This parenting thing and working full day can be tricky sometimes. I still get questions from Ethan about why I can’t stay at home with him even though we sat down and discussed why I was going back full day and he seemed to understand (he was 7 at that stage). Do a lot of the moms at CH stay at home?

6. Marcia (123 blog) February 8, 2011 at 4:03 pm #

Did you cry? You are a stronger woman than I am!

They know how to pull at our heart strings, don’t they?

I’ve been at work a little later for more days than usual because of the personal training and my Connor has become a bit more clingy. It’s terrible!

7. Melany February 8, 2011 at 4:20 pm #

It’s so tough when we have to work :(

8. Kathy February 8, 2011 at 5:27 pm #

This is a tough one!!!

9. tanya February 8, 2011 at 8:23 pm #

Aaaw man! That must be very difficult! :(
    This whole parenting thing seems impossible!

10. Louisa February 10, 2011 at 8:22 pm #

Oh shame man…that’s how I feel when I drop Nicola off in the morning and that little bottom lip gets trembling.

Some days I wish I could win the Lotto and stay home to play with my girl all day long.

11. Avril (Mom) February 10, 2011 at 10:48 pm #

To Fiona .. there are a lot of moms but there are also a lot of grannies and grandpas who collect children, in fact I’ve noticed more and more which means more moms are working. There are also lots of children who use transport services (many look like retirees earning a few extra pennies!) Quite a few dads collect as well

12. Mary-Ann February 11, 2011 at 9:43 pm #

I so understand… my boys don’t understand it either. Not a nice feeling

13. Angel February 23, 2011 at 12:12 pm #

Its enough to break your heart :(