The start of Project Bucket List to 40

You know I mentioned the bucket list to 40 idea a few months ago.  The idea where I create a bucket list, and tick something off every month in the 12 months leading up to my 40th birthday?

Well, it’s time to start!!

LOL, yes, if you’re not a regular reader of my blog, I’m 39.  I’m THAT old.  When I mentioned my age in a conversation with Jessica and Gary at the Social Media day last week, Gary was amazed… but yes…. it’s true… I’m THAT old.

I’ve been gradually adding to my bucket list, and now it’s simply immense, and the only thing worrying me about this idea, is the amount of money I’m going to spend doing this!! LOL!

So, first up, I’m thinking, is a tattoo… so that it’s settled by the time I have a boudoir shoot (I have a photographer in mind, I just have to contact her).

My only problem is that I have no cooking clue about the design or where to put it!! I was thinking something with the kids initials, but because I’m not planning on doing it again, I should really add something about me… like my photography.  I really like Mishi‘s tattoo… too awesome and so simple!

So, I’ve started a pin board on  Pinterest now, and I’m going to be on the hunt for nice designs I think. Luckily I follow quite a few people on there that have tattoo boards!

If it takes too long, I’ll have to find something else to “tick” off the list in July.

, , ,

11 Responses to The start of Project Bucket List to 40

1. Henti Smith July 3, 2011 at 10:20 pm #

Wow .. what an awesome idea and so cool that you’re doing this. Good luck with the tattoo, I’ve been thinking about one as well so I’m definitely going to use you as inspiration to get my butt going and getting one :)

2. Annette's Bucket List Journey July 3, 2011 at 11:04 pm #

Getting a tattoo is on my bucket list too, but I am in the same predicament: where & what?
    I look forward to seeing what you choose!

3. Henti Smith July 3, 2011 at 11:14 pm #

I’m so going to copycat this idea !! :) Good luck and shout if there is anything I can do to help you achieve this goal :)

4. alidaonline July 4, 2011 at 7:11 am #

I like your 40th-bucket-list idea. Hope you settle on your tattoo design this month.

5. A Daft Scots Lass July 4, 2011 at 1:33 pm #

Just remember that ink is forever.

Make sure that what you decide on is something that you’ll still love in 20 years time.

Foot Tats are the most painful and don’t go cheap. Get a decent tattoo artist who will show you some of the work he has done.

Good luck with your bucket List. I’m 40 next year too.

6. cat@juggling act July 4, 2011 at 3:00 pm #

I guess I will have to do a 45 or 50 list? I love those tiny bird tattoos on the Pinterest board.

7. Stacey Vee July 4, 2011 at 3:03 pm #

You have a sweet-ass bucket list, Jenty! You have such a great eye for photography, I’m sure the tattoo you pick will be amazing and very special.

8. Fiona July 4, 2011 at 3:12 pm #

I think that’s a really cool thing to do before you turn 40.

I hope you find a design you really like. I’m getting my new tattoo this month too, my birthday month. I’m looking forward to it :)

9. Angel July 4, 2011 at 5:32 pm #

Tattoos are so hard to choose! I’m dying to see what you decide on!

10. Angel July 4, 2011 at 5:32 pm #

And you’re only a year and a it older than me, so if you’re old then I am too. And I’m still in denial.

11. Louisa July 4, 2011 at 8:35 pm #

Ooooh, cool! Can’t wait to see what you get.