Crocodile Creek with the kids

Even though today’s weather was sunny, it wasn’t warm enough for the beach so we took the kids to Crocodile Creek, which is about 12km from Ballito (and we were thankful that this time we drove a 4×2 and not a normal car)

We’ve been there before, but the kids don’t remember… in fact Bradley was tiny when we went the last time.  It was awesome going with the kids this time because they’re the right age for this type of outing.  We got there half way through the one tour so caught up with that group to walk around the place, and then joined the next tour group (which was a group of 60 kids on a school tour from Johannesburg) to hear about the anatomy of the crocs… and to hold the crocs.

The handler took out a 4 year old Nile crocodile for everyone to touch… much to the delight of Connor because the croc was the same age as him.

And now the kids are very excited to have photos of themselves holding the crocs to show their teachers and friends at school :)

, , , ,

6 Responses to Crocodile Creek with the kids

1. Tara R. August 16, 2011 at 7:37 pm #

*shudder* Living in Florida, I have seen my fair share of alligators in wild. I stay as far away from them as possible. Crocs are just as scary.

2. Fiona August 16, 2011 at 8:41 pm #

You captured some awesome pics especially the last black and white photo!

I really hope the weather warms up before you leave. When are you travelling back?

3. MacLeod House August 17, 2011 at 8:29 am #

Er…did you just say HOLD CROCS? Because I hope you’re talking about cheap rubber shoes!

Egads. Not sure I would have handled seeing my boys HOLD a croc without suffering some sort of cardiac event.

;)

4. SheBee August 17, 2011 at 2:54 pm #

Oh wow, that dude HAS NO PETER POINTER!!!!!

PS: It’s such a pity you guys won’t be here for my bday lunch on Saturday, the boys would’ve flipped out at my brother’s real life 3 year old crocodile pet. His name is Rocky the Croc.

5. Avril (Mom) August 18, 2011 at 8:19 pm #

To Bradley – “I see the photos Bradley .. wow amazing to see you holding the little croc – and I see all those teeth in the big ones!!! Did the handler have his finger bitten off by a croc? Ouch!!! Lots of love Granny” x x x

6. Angel September 5, 2011 at 12:31 pm #

I did so many trips like that with my knucklehead!