Kids and old clothes

Why on earth do kids insist on wearing small clothes when their cupboards are full of stuff that actually fits them?

See this jacket in the photo?  Well, this is Connor’s favourite, and my pet hate… he insists on wearing it when he picks out his clothes, and he had it on again today when I got home.  Beauty told me that she’d tried to tell him to wear a bigger jacket because this one was too small… his answer… “the size doesn’t make me warm, Beauty, this makes me warm on the inside” (while he put his hand over his heart).

Sweet child… think I’m going to have to make it mysteriously disappear.

Subscribe to my blog or connect to me...

8 Responses to Kids and old clothes

1. Momcat July 14, 2012 at 7:40 am #

Shame, what an intuitive comment from the little guy. Deep comments like that are not usually forthcoming from boys. On the clothes side, I think boys/men of whatever age are like that with some grungy, too small, worn out piece of clothing. Luckily here we have some dogs that like to chew so we just leave the offending article where they can find it…!

2. Cat@jugglingact July 14, 2012 at 7:56 am #

Sweet, sweet boy. I make abig scene to sort put small clothes, pack it in bags and give it away. That way they learn to share. And my girlchild is just as bad with giving away those favorites

3. Fiona July 14, 2012 at 8:15 pm #

Connors comment would probably let me try hold on a bit longer to that tracksuit top, so cute!

Even though I totally get that you want it to dissapear. Ethan has a certain pair of jeans that are more like long shorts now but he still puts them on at every chance he gets. It drives me insane.

4. Tanya July 16, 2012 at 9:31 am #

aaaaaaaaw! Sweet man!

5. SheBee July 16, 2012 at 4:29 pm #

That is precious!

I wish you’d grabbed an image of him with his hand over his heart :)

• Jenty July 16, 2012 at 8:45 pm #

LOL! It was tough enough to get him to stay still enough for a photo… :)

6. Louisa July 17, 2012 at 10:03 am #

That’s so sweet!

We don’t have that with clothes yet but Nicola would wear her wellies to bed if I let her.

7. Angel July 29, 2012 at 3:13 pm #

He’s such a sweetie! Pity you can’t deliberately shrink it so its impossible to wear…