This week I…

… really wanted to buy a Canon 5D mkIII but realised that’s its impossible for now… we really have to replace the couches in the lounge :( hate being grownup sometimes.

… finally met Liezel this morning after “knowing” her online via blogging for quite a number of years.  If you don’t already, you need to follow her Instagram stream @li3zel where she’s doing an i366 project and I just love her style

… ordered a new funky camera strap made by a local guy after catching a tweet from another photographer about it… can’t wait to get it!

… got word that one of my images is going to be published in a book of photography :) I’m thrilled but can’t say anymore about the details until the book is published.

… got told by Bradley that I work too much, and then Connor got on the bandwagon, and he said that he really doesn’t understand why I see so many brides… he really doesn’t understand why I do their photos.

… have still not done anything about Bradley’s entrepreneurs day that’s coming up… so stuck for ideas, and the instructions are too vague for me… why on earth do Grade 3′s have to do a business plan if there’s no template!! Crazy school!!  That’s like asking how long a piece of string is! And only having one early morning available to ask teachers questions about it is not good enough I’m afraid, my time schedule doesn’t cater for stuff like that!

…  am jealous that my parents are leaving for a Paris holiday tonight…. they’re going to have a ball!

and because I can’t post without an image… one of my photos from yesterday that didn’t make the Project 365 cut

, , , , ,

14 Responses to This week I…

1. Cat@jugglingact July 7, 2012 at 12:52 pm #

I fear the first entrepeneurs day- I really do. And what about calling the teacher?

• Jenty July 7, 2012 at 5:13 pm #

They’ve told us not to ask the teachers apart from speaking to them on that one morning… school drives me bananas

2. Avril (Mom) July 7, 2012 at 12:54 pm #

Aww sad boys :(

Being a grown up is not fun sometimes .. all the other stuff has to come first – it’s just the way it is

3. Angel July 7, 2012 at 1:43 pm #

Being a grown-up sucks.

4. Fiona July 7, 2012 at 3:48 pm #

I totally get you about point number 1. We are busy renovating at home and it’s costing a small fortune. I would have much rather taken the kids travelling, like New York or something exotic like Bali.

Please send me that link for the camera strap? I tried to click on it but it says it doesn’t exist.

5. liezel July 7, 2012 at 10:20 pm #

it was so amazing to finally meet you :-) You are truly talented! and thanks for the mention and compliment ;-)

6. Tanya July 8, 2012 at 2:12 pm #

Grade 3…? Business plan???? What! That is insane!

7. alidaonline July 9, 2012 at 9:14 am #

Sorry about having to be a grown up. I must confess, I was very excited to be grown up until I actually was. I’m convinced this is not what I signed up for.

Congrats on being published! Looking forward to when you can reveal the details :)

8. Jackie K July 9, 2012 at 10:51 am #

Love that photo

9. Hilary July 9, 2012 at 11:15 am #

This Entrepreneur’s day project is so irritating – I realised yesterday that their posters are due tomorrow and I can’t even tie down his partner’s mom to decide what they are going to sell!

Why tell them that they can work in teams but then put in the letter to parents that it is a better idea to work individually… I agree that it’s a better that they work individually – so why allow them to work with partners at all?

And you should have seen the death stare I got this morning when I dared to ask whether the deadline for the poster aspect of the prject was also two days later, now that the actual entrepreneur’s day is postponed by two days!!!

OK rant over. :)

• Jenty July 9, 2012 at 11:31 am #

Oh no!! Didn’t even check the poster thing, and we don’t even know what we’re going to sell because I haven’t had time to think about it.

10. Hilary July 9, 2012 at 12:11 pm #

We don’t know what we’re doing either (and like I said – I can’t even tie down his friend’s mom to make a decision!)

I am beyond irritated with this whole thing!

Is Bradley working on his own or with a friend?

• Jenty July 9, 2012 at 12:13 pm #

He wanted to work on his own from the beginning, so that was the easy part.
      So, that means tonight will be a long night!! I’ll have to find a CNA or something to get poster stuff