A style of his own 105/365

08.10.2012 6:06pm

See those socks… I thought it was time I blogged about them.

Connor drives me bananas when he wears socks.  They have to be stretched and pulled until they can’t be pulled up anymore, before he’ll even consider putting shoes on.   These knee high looking jobs are actually ankle socks!

I’ve even tried getting secret socks for him just so that he doesn’t look like he does… but he refuses to wear them

And on the style topic, and because I’m too lazy to start another blog post… I had a wardrobe malfunction of note today!

I bought a new beige pencil skirt from Woolies a few weeks ago, and decided to wear it today for the first time.  Took it out, took the labels off, put it on… all good… looked good.  Then went around the corner to my desk to sort out my camera for the day, and went down on my haunches… and promptly SPLIT the skirt!! The entire seam split!!

So I decided to take it back to Woolies, with labels etc.  The lady at the counter did accept it back, and gave me my money back… but she had a smirk on her face.. I’m convinced she thought the skirt was too tight and that’s why it split.  And the customer standing next to me chirped something about her ability to gain 10kg in 3 weeks… nice!

I promise that’s not the case… the skirt had a slit in the front, and I checked it after it split, and I actually checked the ones in Studio W on the sales floor today too… the slit wasn’t reinforced like it’s supposed to be. I wonder how many other people have bought the skirt but are too embarrassed to bring it back!  I guarantee most of them have split.  It definitely would’ve split when I’d tried to get into my car, that’s for damn sure!

Anyhoodle… you want more?! Well, at 3:30pm, bearing in mind this is now the end of the day, a colleague looks at me and asks “Did you mean for your earrings to look like that today?”… only to discover that I’ve got 2 different earrings in my ears… both stones… different sizes… one amethyst, the other tanzanite!! Wonder how many other people noticed and didn’t say anything?

Here’s hoping I choose my wardrobe better tomorrow!

, , , ,

9 Responses to A style of his own 105/365

1. Liz October 8, 2012 at 10:02 pm #

lol about socks. . .Daniel’s latest is socks and sandles and just like Connor, he pulls it up till under his knees! You’ve given me an idea about secret socks! thanks. . .and about the pencil skirt, nearly happened to me too. I tried it on (thankfully in their fitting rooms)and sat down to put on my sandles when i noticed the seam about to come undone, i was too embarrased thinking i’m a tad too big for that style!. . .apologies for the sleeper comment :)

• Jenty October 8, 2012 at 10:05 pm #

Glad I’m not alone :) You see you were wise to try it on in the shop!! I’m always in too much of a rush to do the changing room thing

2. Wenchy October 8, 2012 at 10:11 pm #

LOL!!!

3. cat@jugglingact October 9, 2012 at 9:45 am #

The Princess had a similar failure with a shirt at Ackermans – put it on and 5 minutes later the whole seam went. Really, no quality these days. And I love Connor’s quirkyness

4. Avril (Mom) October 9, 2012 at 9:50 am #

Bought clothes are generally badly mad:( All the sizing is often wrong too (and I refuse to go up to the next size :( )

Yes all his socks drive me mad too .. and those shoes he loves !! .. a nightmare to put on tho’!

5. Wendy October 9, 2012 at 11:56 am #

So sorry to hear about your skirt … thats quite shocking.

That’s not the worst style I’ve seen … I should put up a picture of my daughter taken a few years back … but wait, when we returned from Germany, it took a while to get her to understand that here in SA it’s not cool to wear socks with sandals ;-)

Hope you’re enjoying the rain … its so gorgeous! I wish I could go puddle hopping.

6. Jen (Huckdoll) October 9, 2012 at 8:41 pm #

Aww, the socks are so cute though! One of my girls is the same way about hers, pulls up even the shortest of socks as far as they’ll go. On girls and with the proper sock it’s actually kind of adorable but sometimes (like when she’s wearing leggings) she’ll pull the sock all the way up into the legging so there is no ankle/leg showing and it’s odd looking. Oh well, freedom of expression even in socks I say :)

7. Mrs FF October 10, 2012 at 8:58 am #

Our favourite model has done it again :-)

I think it is cool, just shows you he is till your baby ;-)

Yikes, sorry about the wardrobe malfunction and the sheepish comment. Happened to me once, I was rushing out of the house, packed my shoes into the car, got to work after sitting in a 2 hour traffic to realise I had packed a wine and brown shoe, one with high heel, the other much lower and I only had flip flops on

8. Angel October 23, 2012 at 10:37 pm #

Well thats annoying!
    I often wear two different earrings and I seldom get a remark on it.