Have you ever phoned into a radio station?

Strange question I know, but I spotted this tweet in my stream earlier today and my answer was longer than 140 characters so it needed a blog post instead…

I have actually phoned a radio station… only once ever!

And it was mortifying!

It was when I was in high school.  There was a competition to win an album… probably a cassette tape… that’s how long ago it was ;) I cannot even remember what album it was.

Anyhoo, I actually got through to 702.  I answered the question correctly.  I won the prize.

And then I got so flustered that I put the phone down! Before they could even ask for my details!

LOL! I didn’t bother phoning back.

So have you ever phoned a radio station?

, ,

6 Responses to Have you ever phoned into a radio station?

1. Aasia August 22, 2013 at 7:22 pm #

I have on many occasions, to weigh in on conversations, even for competitions.

2. Laura August 23, 2013 at 8:59 am #

Nope I haven’t. I don’t think I could actually say anything if I ever did get through!

3. Jessica Giggles August 23, 2013 at 11:33 am #

That’s so funny that you got flustered and put the phone down! I can just imagine a teenage you… I have actually never phoned in. I suppose there was never a reason when I was actually in the car and I think all the cool competitions happened while I was working without a radio close by.

4. Janet August 23, 2013 at 12:48 pm #

I haven’t phone in either … I am terrified of the sound of my voice. I remember how awful is sounded when we were kids and played with a tape recorder! LOL! Now that’s going back a long time!

5. Mrs FF August 23, 2013 at 5:08 pm #

Yes, once and I was put on endless hold and I vowed never to do it again…

6. A Daft Scots Lass August 23, 2013 at 7:49 pm #

I used to try and phone Radio 5 all the time for competitions but always got an engaged tone.

I think its quite funny that you hung up