I did actually go to work today, and while I was there I was quite productive… but I also did the following:
1. Delivered photos… well, not personally… Lance printed photos for me and delivered them to a client (it’s handy to have him at home at times like this)
2. Donated blood. I haven’t donated since the HIV incident, and now that I’ve been the clear for so long, it’s safe to donate again 🙂 The blood service actually comes to our offices every 6 weeks and sets up stations for donations. In fact, to remind their regular donors, we also get reminder emails and phone calls from the SANBS a few days before. It’s very handy, because I used to always forget.
3. Trekked to the other side of the world to visit Nicole (my SIL) in hospital. The trip home took forever in peak hour traffic, but I’m very glad I saw her with my mom, and she had some company for the hour that we were there. My mom and brother have blogged about her hospital stay. She’s been in hospital since last Thursday. At first they suspected swine flu, but she didn’t respond to treatment and the blood results came back negative. Thankfully, she’s doing slightly better now, even though they have no idea what’s wrong yet. She’s not in high care anymore, and she’s now in the cardiac unit undergoing test after test. Even the hour we spent there today, tired her out a lot, and she needed to go back on her oxygen canula when we left. I really hope they get to the bottom of the problem soon, so she can go home.
4. Saw Bradley ride his bike without training wheels for the first time with help! That’s HUGE! I’m so glad I was home to see it. He’s hates not being able to do something, and it was frustrating him, but today he got it right. OK, he’s not flying around on his bike yet, but at least he can go a bit without help. I reckon he’ll have it sorted by the end of the week, and then we can take him riding on the road again.
5. Took the boys to get pizza. It may seem tiny to you, but I’ve been getting home so late in the last few months that I’ve just got supper on the way home. The boys love going to get pizza, and watching the guys make it etc, and it was nice to spend some time with them too. One day I’ll get a job where I can leave the office before 5pm again, these late evenings kill me.
So, all in all, it was a good day 🙂