I did actually go to work today, and while I was there I was quite productive… but I also did the following:
1. Â Delivered photos… well, not personally… Lance printed photos for me and delivered them to a client (it’s handy to have him at home at times like this)
2. Â Donated blood. Â I haven’t donated since the HIV incident, and now that I’ve been the clear for so long, it’s safe to donate again 🙂 Â The blood service actually comes to our offices every 6 weeks and sets up stations for donations. Â In fact, to remind their regular donors, we also get reminder emails and phone calls from the SANBS a few days before. It’s very handy, because I used to always forget.
3. Â Trekked to the other side of the world to visit Nicole (my SIL) in hospital. Â The trip home took forever in peak hour traffic, but I’m very glad I saw her with my mom, and she had some company for the hour that we were there. Â My mom and brother have blogged about her hospital stay. Â She’s been in hospital since last Thursday. Â At first they suspected swine flu, but she didn’t respond to treatment and the blood results came back negative. Â Thankfully, she’s doing slightly better now, even though they have no idea what’s wrong yet. Â She’s not in high care anymore, and she’s now in the cardiac unit undergoing test after test. Â Even the hour we spent there today, tired her out a lot, and she needed to go back on her oxygen canula when we left. Â I really hope they get to the bottom of the problem soon, so she can go home.
4. Â Saw Bradley ride his bike without training wheels for the first time with help! Â That’s HUGE! Â I’m so glad I was home to see it. Â He’s hates not being able to do something, and it was frustrating him, but today he got it right. Â OK, he’s not flying around on his bike yet, but at least he can go a bit without help. I reckon he’ll have it sorted by the end of the week, and then we can take him riding on the road again.
5. Â Took the boys to get pizza. Â It may seem tiny to you, but I’ve been getting home so late in the last few months that I’ve just got supper on the way home. Â The boys love going to get pizza, and watching the guys make it etc, and it was nice to spend some time with them too. Â One day I’ll get a job where I can leave the office before 5pm again, these late evenings kill me.
So, all in all, it was a good day 🙂