Wenchy has this review meme on her blog, and it’s been taunting me for days… the office is dead quiet so it’s as good a time as any to answer all these questions
1.What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Charge someone for photography… and wow it’s really taken off!
Went away with Lance for a night and left the children with my mom, it was their first sleepover!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
My New Years resolution every year is the same… boring I know… but then it’s achievable and it allows me to grow:
“Do or learn something you’ve never done before”
This year I’ve learnt a whole load about Web 2.0 and Social Media, and now it’s going to be the basis of my new job starting in Feb!
I’ve also learnt a LOAD about photography, but that’s not really new.
The big thing this year was starting my photography business.
Going into Soweto… I’ve been 4 times this year, and it’s really not as scary as I thought it would be! LOL! It was fascinating, and I felt safer than in the city!
Organising the charity work at the office. That was a new one, and I really enjoyed doing it.
Next year… well we’ll just have to see.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Celia and Louisa
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, but I did take photos at a funeral… that was the strangest photo session this year and extremely difficult to do.
5. What countries did you visit?
Only South Africa.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Lance to find a job or his business he’s thinking about to be successful, so that I can do photography full-time in 2011… this year is a bridging year as far as my planning goes.
7. What date(s) from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The day Lance told me he was not working anymore. It’s changed our lives.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Taking on clients, and realising that my photography is up to scratch.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not changing jobs earlier, I’ve lost my spark in the process.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
The 50D camera body that I got for myself for my birthday. The 24-70mm f2.8 Sigma lens that I got earlier in the year, and the 70-200mm f2.8 Canon lens that’s waiting for me in Hermanus.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Bradley who got a term merit award at school as the top performer in his class for this year 🙂
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Daily living expenses, and camera equipment
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My new camera equipment, sad, I know 🙂
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Uhm, no clue
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
- Happier or sadder? sadder
- Thinner or fatter? fatter
- Richer or poorer? poorer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Spent more time playing with the kids
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
We spent it with my parents at their house
21. How will you be spending New Year?
22. Did you fall in love in 2009?
I was in love already
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favourite TV programme?
I hardly watch TV anymore
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
I haven’t really read this year
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
New camera body and lenses and I made that happen
29. What did you want and not get?
To stop working and do photography full-time, and it’s not going to happen next year either.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
I only saw Ice Age 3
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 37. Lance took me on a surprise trip to Forum Homini What an amazing place… so we’re going back next year for his 40th 🙂
32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not having to worry about money
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
It’s changing… I’m loving Urban and Big Blue clothes and I need a new wardrobe. I’m tired of Ginger Mary stuff, so it all has to go!
34. What kept you sane?
Driving home alone, I learnt that the hard way when we only had one car for a while
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Can’t remember, couldn’t have been that much of an issue
37. Who did you miss?
Me and my spark
38. Who was the best new person you met?
I’ve met a lot of bloggers this year, and I can’t think of only one person
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
Take photos of your family before it’s too late. Id booked a photosession for a colleague whose husband was ill, and it was postponed… he ended up dying a week before the new date 🙁
… photos become your memories and are very important.
40. Quote that sums up your year.
Every time you photograph someone, you tell them, “You’re important enough to remember.” Make the most of it. (via PhotoDino)