As soon as I read/watched this vlog post on Mishi’s blog, who found it on Playgroupie’s blog, and I knew I had to do it too. I spent quite a while last night travelling from blog to blog watching the vlogs and loving that I could listen to my favourite bloggers, and not just read their thoughts. No-one ever sounds like the way you imagine they do.
The whole purpose behind this vlog meme is to hear everyone’s accents. Most bloggers taking part are American or Canadian… it’s about time there was someone from South Africa taking part in it 😉
This is the story… say the following words, and then answer the questions…
Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught
* What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
* What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
* What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
* What do you call gym shoes?
* What do you say to address a group of people?
* What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
* What do you call your grandparents?
* What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
* What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
* What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
So, here goes:
Just me Talking
It’s very odd watching myself. LOL!! One thing I forgot to say in my vlog is that I’ve only ever lived in Zimbabwe and South Africa… hence my accent sounding like it does