I flew to Durban this morning to present 3 training sessions, and then flew back this evening. I’m pretty shattered and only blogging because I’m waiting for memory sticks to do their thing and save the photos from a shoot I finished editing last night.
So I’m going to ramble a bit 😉 about a few thoughts I had while in the plane this afternoon. Those of you who are bloggers, don’t you find your thoughts resemble blog posts now? Or am I going mad? LOL! I tend to talk to myself in my head and structure blog posts while I’m at it. Or is that just me?
Anyway, I had a few thoughts…
1. Try not book a trip when the weather changes hectically like it has. Oh man, the flights were insanely bumpy! Going down and coming back. In fact on the way back, we went through a bank of cumulus clouds and the plane dropped! Hate it when that happens.
2. DO NOT book a seat over the engine… I could see the damn thing shaking whenever we hit turbulence… which was most of the flight.
3. Remember to be grateful that you don’t get airsick! LOL! There was a mom flying with her young daughter at the opposite window, and daughter was chatting and laughing for the whole flight while mom’s face was going redder and redder and she was fanning her face. She didn’t look great.
4. Do not trust the weather man! Trust your instincts with Durban weather… it never gets really cold there, so the weather man’s idea of 21 deg and cold… is not actually that cold in Durban. I was hopelessly overdressed.
5. An hour flight does not make the trip shorter… the flight was delayed on both sides so travelling took for ever! And no, I didn’t fly Kulula but even so that airline managed to delay my BA flight this afternoon because they had to find flights for all their passengers because they had a technical fault and their flight was cancelled!
6. Remember to check the airport! Stupidly, I didn’t check the airport that the flight was leaving from, when I chose my flights! Even though I requested Lanseria, I ended up with ORT. This morning it wasn’t bad, but OMG the traffic this evening was horrendous and it took me over an hour to get home!
7. Ooh try remember to plan in an extra hour in the day… so that there’s time to walk on the beach… I didn’t get any me time today 🙁
… and yes, I took my DSLR with me, and this was the only photo I took.