Woot! I haven’t received an award in ages 🙂 and I’ve seen this being shared for ages, it’s great to be able to take part.
Charlotte at The Stiletto Mom nominated me for this.
Liebster Award Rules:
Thank and link the person who nominated you.
Answer the questions given by the nominator.
Nominate 11 other bloggers, who have less than 200 followers and link them.
Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer
Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.
So here are my answers for Charlotte:
1. If you could move to any part of the world right now, where would you go and why?
Not entirely sure. Would love to move to Australia or New Zealand because of all our friends and family that are there, but Canada or the US intrigues me. Personally I think we’ve left it too late to leave the country… not sure where we’d find jobs… but would love to give the boys more opportunity as they grow older ito education etc.
2. What’s your favourite season of the year? And why?
I think I have to say summer, even though I can’t stand the insects and flies. But the long evenings and early sunny mornings trump the annoying flies. And I love the smell after the rains, and it rains here in summer.
3. Which three novels would you recommend to everybody you meet because you couldn’t put them down?
Not a clue, I would lie if I had to answer this one.
4. What is your favourite way to recover from a long and bad day?
Red wine. It used to be watching some TV and vegging on the couch for a while before starting blogging and editing, but now my MIL has moved in, that’s a more stressful idea, so I go into the garden because I know she won’t follow me out there.
5. Do you like or dislike meeting new people? Why?
I like meeting new people, I’m just shocking at remembering names and doing the small talk thing… I feel so awkward. So photography works 😉 I get to meet amazing people and listen to their stories without inane small talk.
6. The classic: What would you do today if you knew you could not fail?
Stop working full-time and do photography full-time and social media as a freelancer
7. Is there a new habit you would like to start in 2015? What has been stopping you?
Not a habit, but I’m going to run a race at least every month. The only thing that may stop me is my dodgy knee
8. What is your favourite thing to do first thing in the morning?
It may seem small, but I cannot function properly without having a cup of tea, and I cannot leave the house without breakfast of some sort… even if I get up at 4am for a race, I need to eat and have some tea.
9. How are you going to remember your life at the moment in a few years time?
My photobooks that I print every year for the family. It has the main stories and outings that we do as a family. And of course, my blog, although recently it has less personal stories, to protect the kids a little… there’s lots happening that is missing on my blog, especially the bit about MIL moving in… that’s huge drama that hasn’t been recorded… yet.
10. Is there something you love to do, although most people dislike it?
My photography business on weekends… my family do not like the time it
11. Best date night you can imagine?
Flying somewhere different for dinner and then flying back home again.
As for nominating someone… I’m going to pass, there are so many bloggers that have done this already. If you would like to do it, answer the same questions on your blog, and let me know you’ve blogged in the comments! I’d love to read your answers.